This one is about those third-date jitters, when you just know you're going to end up in the bedroom before the night's over. The attraction is electric, the temptation to rush things is monumental. You both want the same thing, and you could just cut to the main event, but that would ruin it. It's all about the anticipation, the lingering uncertainty, and the dance of seduction.

I chose an old-school butch/femme couple to tell this story, because just like with straight couples, the rituals leading up to sex are codified, and mutually understood. (And because certain butches need to learn the art of waiting!) In the apt words of Beyonce:

You can look at it, as long as you don't grab it
If you don't go braggin, I might let you have it
You think that I'm teasin, but I ain't got no reason
I'm sure that I can please ya, but first I gotta read you


That's the transaction: I will surrender to you, but first you have to show me that you have the strength to resist, and that you think I'm worth the wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment