It's probably way too early to even be mentioning this, but...I'm working on a book. It's going to be a collection of 100 or so one-page stories, all wrapped up with some nice cover art and bonus material. The manuscript is nearing the halfway point. If I really push myself and become a raging coffee-chugging, friend-shunning, carpal tunnel-having comicking machine, I think I can have the content finished by the end of next year. A couple months to format it for publication, and I may have it finished in early 2011. I plan to make it available on Amazon.com, at conventions, and of course right here on girlfiendcomics.com.

So why would anyone buy my book if the main content is available online? Well, for one thing, there's nothing like new book smell. But also, the book project is currently coming along quicker than my biweekly updates, so the book audience will get to see new content sooner than the webcomic audience.

Oh, and on a related note, I'm thrilled to announce that I'm going to have a story in the November issue of Crossed Genres magazine. This event marks a lot of firsts for me--first sci-fi comic, first paid contribution, first publication in book format. Due to my contract, I can't publish the story right now, but it's one of my best and you will love it and all the other fabulous contributions! So go subscribe today!

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Michelle,

I wish good luck and success with your project.
I myself like the smell of old books, especially those with the traditional stories that we all read when kids (no, I'm not talking about Dragon Ball Z :-) )

Kind regards,

José

Michelle Gruben said...

Thanks for the encouragement. It's nice to hear that my fetish for paper, ink, and glue isn't so rare after all. :)

Post a Comment